Professional Schools Forum, 2nd edition,
11th of May, Polyvalent Hall, Cluj-Napoca, 11.00-14.00
International Committee, through the Francophone Business Club in Cluj-Napoca (C.FAC)
Transylvania Today Association
In partnership with Cluj-Napoca City Hall and Cluj County School Inspectorate
What is the Professional Schools Forum, 2nd edition?
Professional Schools Forum, 2nd edition, is a space of meeting and information exchanges between educational institutions that provide vocational and technical training, enterprises, students in secondary education and parents.
The idea of the first edition has been developed under the auspices of the Royal House in an economic environment marked by the development of the business community in Cluj, the need of enterprises for employment in such fields and the attempt to raise the Royal House’s awareness regarding the disappearance of the high probability trades, which have become traditional. In 2016, the Professional Schools Forum, 2nd edition, is expected to have a significant impact in making trades importance at regional level.
- Dissemination of vocational and technical education among the general public
- Creating a space of meeting between educational institutions that provide vocational and technical training, enterprises, students in secondary education and parents
- Creating a network of units that provide vocational and technical training, allowing experience, ideas and partnership exchanges.
How, where and when will it take place?
The event will take place on the 11th of May, at Polyvalent Hall in Cluj-Napoca, the lobby on the second floor, D wing (entrance from Cluj Arena), between 11.00-14.00. The format of the forum will involve presentations of educational offers within stands, according to a timetable, as well as a debate session (round table).
11.00-11.30 Receiving the guests
11.30-14.00 Visiting the stands
11.30-12.00 The opening of the Forum and the Conference by representatives of the Cluj-Napoca City Hall, Cluj-Napoca Prefecture and Cluj County School Inspectorate.
12.00-13.00 –” Enhancing the appeal of the vocational training and education” panel. There will speak:
Cluj County School Inspectorate – Vocational training and education in Romania
Mr Jean Phillipe-Bichaud (French Embassy) – The place of this type of education within the economy. Types of study.
Romanian-German Chamber of Commerce and Industry – The needs of enterprises
Mr Bogdan Herea (CEO PITECH+PLUS/Founder of ACADEMY+PLUS) – Employability, the contact with the companies and their return
Moderator: Andreea Pietroșel, RFI journalist
13.00-14.00 Buffet / B2B between the companies and the educational institutions that are attending
Who can participate?
- Educational institutions that provide vocational and technical training
- Students in secondary education and parents (100-200 participants are expected)
Submission is compulsory for companies and educational institutions that provide vocational and technical training, each receiving a name tag at the entrance. Private or public institutions that provide vocational and technical training, who wish to attend by setting a presentation stand, can submit their entry form at the following e-mail address: email@example.com. The participation fee is 100 euro/stand for private institutions and companies, and 50 euro/stand for public institutions. Educational institutions that participate are expected to arrive between 9.00 and 10.30 in order to set up the stand. They will have chairs and tables at their disposal. There can be provided: brochures, roll-ups, videos, or any other promotional material that would contribute to the informal contact with the students and the private companies.
- For the institutions that provide vocational and technical training –increasing the number of students
- For the private companies – identifying dialogue institutions and increasing the number of qualified persons within the professional field.
- For parents and students – knowing and identifying more effective vocational courses.
- Creating a regional network consisting of institutions that provide vocational and technical training.
- On the long term: adapting the curriculum to the needs of the market and changing the mentality regarding the inferiority of vocational studies in relation to university studies.