Because of the 350 000 inhabitants, the city of Cluj-Napoca is considered the third most populous city of Romania. The 100 000 students living in Cluj-Napoca turn the city into one of the most modern and dynamic cities in Romania, for there are: the football stadium, opera house and tram line; the city is open to political life. The level of development encloses the city within the category of provincial cities with a European vocation. Also, the surroundings represent a sightseeing spot.
Cluj-Napoca has many advantages:
Economic dynamism in terms of industry and services:
- three major industrial and commercial areas
- 250 companies in IT
- The presence of a large number of industries: agro-food, automotive, railway construction, chemical, building materials, pharmaceutical, energy, high-tech, textile
- Presence in the services, finance and insurance sector
Outstanding academic presence with numerous renowned European institutions
- 100 000 students representing approximately 1/3 of the population of the city!
- 11 universities
- Academic training in all areas
- Historical monuments (churches)
All these advantages are promoted at a lower level because of their lack of investment in infrastructure:
- Negligence in promoting architectural heritage
- Complex and poorly maintained road infrastructure
- Poor modernization of the network of means of transport